Monday 2 August 2010

BEMPTON CLIFFS

Just been sorting through my photos from Bempton – didn’t realise I’d taken so many – so thought I’d post a few here.

It really is an incredible place and is an awesome spectacle of nature at its best.  Wish I could duplicate the noise (and the perfect weather we had that day – haven’t seen much sun since then and it’s 5 weeks or so ago now!) – the whole experience is so incredible. 

It’s difficult to show you just how many birds there are and exactly how close together they are on the cliffs.  Here are a few photos to try to show you the proximity of the birds and the sheer numbers – and this was after some of them had left.  Must go earlier next year!

PROXIMITY 2

bempton2

BIRD CONCENTRATION

CLOSE UP ROCKS

HARD TO IMAGINE

FROM TOP OF CLIFFS

NUMBERS2

NUMBERS

These were the birds I went to see, although a lot of them had already fledged and the numbers are down drastically from what they used to be.

PUFFIN

SHAGS AND PUFFINS 2

PUFFIN4

Since then, I’ve been bird ringing, so have some great photos to share but this is enough for today…

No comments: